Tuesday, August 18, 2009

32 weeks, 8 weeks to go

Last week, Geoffrey and I got our stroller from Paul, Grandpa-to-be! We love it! It's an Icoo by Targo/Grand Touring Baby. So many features and very lightweight, only 22lbs. Paul and Jeremy came over and Jeremy and Geoffrey worked diligently to put the stroller together. Jeremy also bought us the infant carrier which we played with. It's still hard to imagine that there is going to be a little baby in there.

The swelling has gone down in my feet and I haven't had any problems since last week. I went to see Dr. Goldberg last Friday about the swelling. He said everything was fine as long as the swelling didn't travel up my legs, my hands weren't swollen and my face didn't swell up.

I've been getting more contractions, some stronger than others, some that make me stop dead in my tracks, but they are not consistent. I'll get them for a little while and then nothing until the next day. Last Friday night I got them all night and then they were gone. I talked to Dr Goldberg about it and he said to just watch them.

Right now we are looking for a pediatrician. We have to have a pediatrician picked before Carson gets here. We set up a consultation with Dr. Michael Morrison at West Broward Pediatrics for next Monday. We are also going to set up a consultation with Children's Medical Associates in Plantation, which 2 friends recommended. Claudia has actually been going there with the girls for 11 years and loves it. I am coming up with a list of questions for the pediatrician and hope to meet with at least 3 before making our decision.

We started our Bradley classes last week. I really really liked it. Shari Johnson, our instructor, who happens to be our friend, Ben's mom, was great. She said 70% of her mothers give birth without drugs and the other 30% either have to have a C-section or end up having back labor. We'll see which percentage I fall in. We were told how nutrition and exercise play a huge part in labor and delivery. We also learned a couple different exercises that I am suppose to do everyday to prepare. Can't wait to see what we learn this week.

32 weeks! 8 weeks to go!




0 comments: