Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anemia, swollen ankles and now contractions!!








31 weeks, 9 weeks to go.





I decided I am going to blog every week until Carson gets here, its part of my countdown. Of course, if something exciting or earth moving happens in the middle of the week, I am sure you will hear about it. I am also going to take a picture every week until the big day to document this growing belly that has given me a bit of a waddle. Yes, Geoff it is ok when I say waddle, not ok when you say it!!! ;)

First things first, CONTRACTIONS! Those lovely Braxton Hicks contractions. It started last Thursday. Sorry for the next bit of information, but it will help to understand how I felt. It was like I hadn't, let's be politically correct, passed a bowel (hehe) in weeks, ate bags of brocoli and could do nothing about it. My stomach was as hard as a rock!! I woke up in the morning and felt soo completely uncomfortable, I couldn't move. My stomach was so tight and cramping. I laid in bed for like an hour and this feeling was not going away. I finally got out of bed and started getting ready for work. The day went on and the contractions continued. A couple of them actually knocked the wind out of me, oh and how I love when I told my mother, she laughed.

When I got home that evening I passed out. The 8 hour day at work felt like a 20 hour day and I was exhausted. Of course, those lovely contractions turned into shooting pains across my stomach until I finally fell asleep. When I woke up, they were gone, but not for long. They reappeared yesterday for a short while and that was it. When they come again, I will be ready for them. We start Bradley classes Thursday night!!

Geoff and I have been working on the nursery and we are almost done. We worked on it all weekend long and just have a couple more things to do. Geoff put together his first baby item. I sat on the futon and read the directions while he put together the diaper genie, courtest of Rei and Luz, thank you!! Diesel sat close by to Geoff watching his every move, he loves when Geoff puts stuff together. I wish they made little doggie tool belts.

I went to my Dr appt yesterday and then I go again in 2 weeks. So in comes Dr. Goldberg with a look on his face. First thing he says, "Lauren, what did you have for breakfast". I knew this was coming. I batted my eyelashes and looked as innocent as I could, and responded, "cereal". And then he sternly looks at me and says, "What kind of cereal"? I had to come out with it, I knew I had been caught. "CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH"! I've been warned about my sugar intake, but every once in awhile I like to have something good and sweet in the morning. Well according to Dr Goldberg, no more cinnamon toast crunch, it sent my sugar through the roof when they tested me. Boo! Back to my Cheerios, Rice Krispies and Special K.

I've gained 2 lbs since the last appt, so my total weight gain is 17lbs. I measured at 31cm and everything is going great, except, I tested positive for anemia. Dr Goldberg said it is very common for women to become anemic when pregnant. He gave me a script for iron and told me to drink lots of water. And of course as soon as I got my hands on a computer, I googled like crazy.

And finally...today...my day today...The feet. Sausages, as Danielle called them. No ankles and the tops of my feet were so swollen. I had to take a picture to document this. Thank goodness I wore my sandals to work today, because there was no way I was squishing those bad boys into anything else.



9 more weeks, 9 more weeks, 9 more weeks!!!

2 comments:

Kailyn's Mommy said...

lololol!! You might wanna try some of that Fiber One cereal when you see what that extra Iron can do to you! i learned the hard way. ughh

jen nelson said...

ugh yeah, i totally agree with nicole....iron sucks :(