Sunday, November 8, 2009

1 Month

11/08/09 1 Month old
Please check out Carson's photo album on the right side of the blog for new photos. New photos and albums have been added..Enjoy!!
Height: We'll know 11/17 - will update
Weight: We'll know 11/17 - will update
Zzzzzzzz's: Sleeps for about 3-4 hours at a time

I am in utter disbelief that our little man is already 1 month old. This month has been very interesting as Geoff and I are both getting used to life as Mommy and Daddy. We are finally getting into a routine and FINALLY starting to get in touch with everyone. As fast as this month has gone by, I must say, without "Nannie", I don't think it would have gone as smoothly as it did. My mom stayed with us the entire 2nd week Carson was home. She helped us clean, cooked us dinner, took care of Carson when he was fussy and showed her daughter the ins and outs of being a mom. I look forward to the weekend knowing my dad will be dropping my mom off. As I discussed with Geoff tonight after I took my mom home, it is like a huuge weight is lifted off my shoulders when she is here. Thanks again Nannie and yes..YOU ARE RIGHT!!

Carson's Firsts:
Hiccups: 10/12/09..Now an everyday occurence
Lost his belly button: 10/16/09
First real bath: 10/19/09
First Day Trip: Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show 10/30/09
Spent his first time away from Mommy and Daddy: 11/06/09..Spent the afternoon with ShaNanay (Shannon) while Mommy got a much needed pedi!!
First night out to dinner: 11/06/09: La Bamba's. He was a perfect angel..Not a peep out of him.
First overnight trip: 11/07/09..Traveled to Ft. Myers and spent the weekend with, The Shucavage's, great and small, Lori and Aunt Carol and Uncle Charles. A wonderful, wonderful weekend!!


Mommy and Daddy Firsts!

(photo before we left for the wedding)


Went out for the first time as Mommy and Daddy to Elaina and Mike's wedding in Captiva (11/07/09). Carson stayed in Ft. Myers with Nannie, Caroline, Bernie, the kids, Lori and Aunt Carol and Uncle Charles. We definately thought about him the entire time we were gone.
Also..First time getting a full 8 hours of sleep since I was pregnant.. ha!!! I pumped enough for an army, so Nannie kept Carson in her room and got up with him and did the diaper changes and feedings, with the help of cousin Lauren. Yawn, stretch, roll over, look at the clock and feel very refreshed!! It was like a hot fudge sundae, peanut butter and jelly and orange soda all in one day.. (all my favorites..haha)

Carson's "Loves and Hates"
Loves the bath
Hates diaper changings; since day one!!
Loves the car
Loves the stroller
Loves being outside
Loves the "butt patt"
Loves the shoulder rather than the cradle hold

As you can see, not many hates.

As amazing as this month has been, we also had a very sad occurence. My cat, Phoenix, had to be put down. He had been acting a little weird so I took him to the vet, where I found out that his kidney's had completely failed, he was 10 years old. It was very unexpected and completely broke my heart. We'll miss you Pheeny.






Carson has become my world, loving him is an understatement. I want to spend every moment with Carson. During the day is the only time it is just the two of us. Its a time that I am taking complete advantage of because soon I will be back at work. I talk to him, stare into his eyes, give him kisses and just thank god every single moment of the day for blessing us with the most perfect angel.

Can't wait to see what next month brings.........




2 comments:

The Proud Parents of Two said...

Did you ever imagine you would conquer so many milestones in such little time? It is incredible how quickly it goes. He has changed so much in his new pics!!!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

I seriously need to come by and see him. Little dilema so I will be staying @ my Mom's tonight. Hopefully home again tomorrow but we will see. Call me @ lunch or later I will explain.
Miss you guys!!!