Monday, October 26, 2009

The Story of Carson's Arrival

The Story of Carson's Arrival


(Before we left for the hospital)
I ADDED A PHOTO ALBUM ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BLOG. IF YOU GO UNDERNEATH THE PHOTO OF CARSON YOU WILL SEE WHERE IT SAYS, CARSON'S PHOTO ALBUM. I HAVE ALL THE PHOTOS IN THERE STARTING FROM THE LABOR UNTIL NOW. I CONSTANTLY ADD PHOTOS TO HIS ALBUM AND WILL UPDATE IT EVERY SO OFTEN FOR EVERYONE'S VIEWING PLEASURE. ONCE YOU OPEN THE ALBUM, AT THE TOP THERE IS AN OPTION TO HIT SLIDESHOW. THERE ARE LOTS OF PICTURES, SO ENJOY!! IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL. XO



Time line:

Monday: Contractions, Mommy stayed home with me and we walked and cleaned.

Monday night, induction massage.

Tuesday: Contractions, Mowed the lawn and then Danielle came over and we walked Sawgrass mall.

Wednesday: previous blog..Spent the day at the hospital..

Wednesday night: walked, walked, walked, walked and walked...


Contractions picked up Wednesday evening around 1:30 a.m. I couldn't sit still so I decided to lay on the couch. I started keeping track of my contractions and at that point they ranged from every 1/2 hour to sometimes every 15-20 minutes and only lasted for 15-30 seconds. By about 7am, Geoff's alarm clock went off for work and I told him, I don't think your going to work today. The contractions definately started to pick up and became more intense. I took a shower, did my hair and I started putting things together, while I could. We called Jen and told her it was about time she came over.


Jen came over around noon and helped time the contractions and keep Geoffrey cool, calm and collected. After laying down for awhile my contractions started to slow down so Jen had me outside walking the blocks. That definately picked things up. We went around the block twice, came back to the house for some water, pee break and went back again. One the second trip around the block I felt like I had to pee, so I said, let's stop and we'll go back. On my way to the bathroom, my water "started" to break. Then it continued to leak. I jumped back in the shower again since I was all sweaty from the walking. I had been getting contractions at this point every 5 minutes, especially during the walks. I got out of the shower and I was standing in the hallway dressed and ready to go and Geoff is on the computer. In the middle of the contraction I said, Geoff, I think you need to get up, get showered and we need to go. Geoff pushed and sat there, but not for long. During the next contraction, I must have went into Jeckyl Hyde mode..I looked at him and I swear my eyes were shooting beams at him and I screamed..Get the *&%& up and get in the *%&#(*& shower now!!! We were out of the house in the next 20 minutes. Jen's last entry of contractions was at 3:01 and at that point, they were 1 minute apart.


We arrived at the hospital and Geoffrey got me a wheel chair because there was no way I could walk and make it to the 2nd floor without completely scaring the crap out of someone. This little old man came down, hospital volunteer, and wheeled me up, as sweet as he was, he moved slower than a snal and he was seconds away from me telling him about the snail that just passed us. When we arrived to labor and delivery is when S*&T hit the Fan!! My water completely broke...EVERYWHERE!! I was sitting in the chair and Im apologizing to the nurse, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. She didn't pay much attention to my apologies.


I checked in at 7 cm...20 minutes later I was at 9 cm. Things went so fast, there were so many nurses in the room, so many things going on. I remember feeling like I was screaming at the top of my lungs, but Geoff said I barely made a peep other than when I was begging for the pain to go away. I was already pushing at that point, this incredible urge to push took over just like the books said. Carson must have become entangled in the cord because things were not going so well at this point. I was given the epidural and Dr Goldberg came in right after that and said he didn't like the way things were going but was going to give it a minute to see if things changed.
Next thing I knew, I was getting ready to be wheeled out for a C Section. They said I was very lucky to have that epidural otherwise they would have had to give me general anesthesia. From the moment I was wheeled out and until they pulled Carson out, it was 7 minutes!!


Carson was born at 4:34 p.m. at 7lbs 5 oz 19 in.


Seeing Carson for the second that they whisked him in my face to take pictures was beautiful and amazing, but nothing compared to the first time holding him once I was out of recovery. He is an angel, he is my dream come true. I enjoy every single moment of staring into his eyes. I had dreams of him, that perfect little boy in my arms and now he is here. Words cannot describe the love I have for him.


We stayed in the hospital from Thursday: 10/08/09 until Sunday: 10/11/09. We had many visitors and lots of beautiful flowers and gifts from loving family and friends.


I still swear by the Bradley Method AND staying at home as long as possible. I was able to relax at home and get through those contractions. I could do it, it got harder, but it was do-able, at home. Once we got to the hospital, it seemed to blur because the pain was so intense and the pushing happened so fast, that I thought I was dying.


If there is a 2nd time around, I would do everything I could to try natural again, given there are no problems. But finding a dr that would do that after a C section would be tough. I know now, when things get tough, get out of that bed!!!
I hope you enjoy everything. I will soon be updating the blog every month with all the wonderful news and all of Carson's firsts!!
Lauren, Geoffrey and Carson



2 comments:

Kailyn's Mommy said...

And now I'm crying! Damn
PG hormones! lol
Love you guys!

Flowers said...

Thanks for sharing the the Story of Carson's Arrival. It was nice going through it. He looks so cute. Happy living.