Monday, December 7, 2009

2 Months


2 Months Old

Please check out Carson's album on the right side of the blog. New albums have been added with lots of fun pictures! Photos were also added to Carson's 1 month album.


Height: 23 3/4 inch
Weight: 12lbs 4 oz
Zzzzz's: We've got a schedule!!! Sleeps from 10:30 p.m. to approx. 4:30/5:00 a.m. We are working on 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.

Love: (Luhv): a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child or friend.

Carson's Firsts:

November 21, 2009: Started smiling at our smiles! Melts our hearts everytime!

November 23, 2009: What we call..The Breakthrough! We set Carson on the bed just to hang out while we got ready for an outing..He was completely content and even fell asleep! During his first couple of weeks, there was no way we could set him down longer than 5 minutes. He just always wanted to be held. Big accomplishment!


December 1, 2009: On that note, we decided to take out his newborn napper in the Pack n' Play and get him ready for the crib. Just like everything else, he took it like a champ. It's so much fun to wake up in the morning to see him kicking around and smiling.




Carson had his First Thanksgiving. We spent the afternoon with Bubba, Aunt Elaine, Hogan, Shane and Bob and had a very nice visit. After we came back to our house for Turkey Turkey Turkey!!



We traveled so many places this month. 2 of Geoffrey's favorites, taking his son to Bass Pro and Home Depot. We also went to the Woodstock festival in Sunrise this past Sunday. It was such a beautiful day out. Carson really enjoyed being in the stroller and looking at everything. His eyes lock on everything now. He really loves christmas lights.

He still looooves the bath, the stroller, the car and most importantly, he has learned to love diaper changes. We get the most of our smiles now during diaper changes!! He does great with belly time and hold his head up wonderfully!!


Today was his 2 month dr appt. Dr said he is doing great with weight, height, etc. He got his first round of vaccines today, D TaP, Hub, Prevnar and Rotateq. My angel did so great. He let out a squeal and that was about it. He slept the majority of the afternoon and we gave him some baby tylenol this evening to help with his sore legs and he was a tad bit fussy from the vaccines.

(check out those boo boo's)


My biggest heartbreak this past month was deciding to start weaning him off breastfeeding since I started work on December 8, 2009. I think I cried for 3 days straight and gave Geoff reasons to believe that I may be going insane. He is still getting breastmilk and will get it, probably through January, but we started adding formula to his milk to get him ready. No big deal right? Well, I wish I could have fast forwarded last week, December 1, 2009, the first day we gave him the bottle. All I did was put an ounce in his bottle of breastmilk and I was crying so hard I couldn't see. I was devastated. But I talked to the pediatrician and he said we can add formula in and he can still get the breastmilk as long as we want. So for now, we just add a little formula to the bottle and in January he will probably just get a bottle of breastmilk at night and formula during the day. I still nurse him every now and then, especially when he is really fussy. He calms down and goes to sleep right away.

And to update everyone. I started back to work on December 8, 2009. I go part time, 2 days a week. Thank goodness for that because I was not handling the thought of going back very well, I couldn't imagine if I had to go back full time right away. I cried my entire drive to work, but as the day went on it became much easier and then I was just so excited to see him, I didn't really think of anything else. My fingers are still crossed every week to be that lucky power ball winner!!!


You can enjoy many more firsts and events that took place during Carson's 1 month in his photo albums..I document everything for everyone to enjoy and add new albums all the time.. :)




A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase.. (Author unknown)

3 comments:

The Proud Parents of Two said...

Wow! 2 months already! I told you time would fly. The first shots are the worst. I think Mommy always takes them worse than baby. Such a cutie!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Love the pic on the couch of him!! Too cute.

jen n said...

so cute and cant believe its been 2 months!! he'll be eating solids before you know it!