Monday, August 16, 2010

10 Months Old

Carson 10 Months Old


Height: 30.5 inch 93rd%
Weight: 21lbs 2 oz I think it was 47%

His dr appt this month was a big one. I had a ton of questions and a very patient dr to answer them all. I've been very concerned with the fact that I soon will not have a baby on my hands, but the making of a toddler. That being said, a toddler eats different than a baby.

We've tried to put the formula in a sippy cup, 1 feeding a day or even just a little. Not sure how he takes it during the week, but he will drink 2 oz at home. Speaking of which, the kid is extremely picky about his sippy cups. We've have made quite a few purchases in the sippy cup department, only to find that he prefers the straw over anything else.

We've also let Carson have just a little bit of milk every now and then. He really likes it and I love the way he smacks his lips afterwords.

We've started giving him table foods. Anything that is easy for him to get down. He is starting to like ravioli's and just loves pasta. Little by little we are getting there.

This past month, we spent alot of time with our cousins in Fort Myers. We had 2 wonderful weekends. We celebrated Alesia's 13 birthday and had so much fun. My cousin Caroline also gave us ONE of the best tips ever. As simple as it is, Carson is thanking her in his own language. KIX! We traded out Gerber Puffs for Kix. He loves them. LOVES LOVES LOVES them! He also got to push around the chair that has been through 6 children and Carson was the 7th! Even after being away for 2 weeks, as soon as we were back, he went straight for the chair.

We also started sleep training Carson. If I could do it all over, I would have had Carson going to sleep in the crib earlier. Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of his snuggling, especially being away from him all day. But I learned, it is much better for him and for everyone else for him to sleep on his own. The first couple of days, he screamed himself to sleep. Thank goodness for the support of Geoffrey, my mom and Caroline. I thought I was going to throw up, I had to walk out of the house. It got better and we learned what works for one baby, may not work for all. Carson was passing out, not falling asleep. He would wake up every house screaming. So we changed it up a bit. After snuggle time, we lay him in the crib and sit in the room with him. After a couple nights, he was falling asleep, without screaming, in about 15 minutes. Not only this, but he was sleeping through the night and waking up well rested. We are working on putting him in, and him falling asleep without us there. We are getting closer every day.
The pediatrician explained to us that as long as he is laying by himself and falling asleep by himself, everything else will fall into place. He may just take a little bit longer, but he is grasping the concept and does not need us to rock him to sleep anymore.

Nap time.. Well that's another ball game. ;)

Carson is also the proud owner of his fourth tooth, second top tooth.


Life is getting much busier with an extremely active 10 month old. Hopefully next month I can blog on time!!




0 comments: