Cleared for takeoff! On August 19, 2010, Carson officially flew on his first airplane. Although we were worried about how he may react, he did wonderfully. We flew on Southwest and it was great. Southwest truly is an excellent airline to fly. Trying to keep a 10month old confined for more than an hour was tough and thankfully he slept the entire flight, well at least for 3 of the flights. The last flight home, from Baltimore to Ft. Lauderdale, he was awake the ENTIRE time. Wiggling and squirming to get down. We let him play with the tray and the magazines and that kept him happy. Luckily we happened to be surrounded by Grandmas and they just ate him up to pieces.
The best part of the flight is when Carson was allowed to sit up front with the Pilot once we landed. I wish I would have gotten his name because he was sooo nice. Talked to Carson and Carson just loved it. The pilot even pulled the steering controls down for Carson to play with. This is my favorite photo. The pilot had him giggling. It was just the neatest thing. Imagine if my little man becomes a Pilot one day. Momma's going to Europe, Hawaii, the Caribbean. ha!!
Our journey led us to Averill Park, NY. My favorite place to be. Where as children, my brothers and I spent the majority of our summers with Nana, Poppi, Aunt Marion, Uncle Bobby, Carin and David (My mom's family). Averill Park, NY is where my mom grew up.
On Friday, we spent the day at Aunt Marion and Uncle Bobbie's and had a delicious lunch. Carson is definitely not use to all this fresh, clean air. After awhile of playing outside, he had enough. He was out like a light!
We spent Saturday at Eastfield Village in NY for my mom's reunion and then we headed to Glass Lake. Glass Lake was one of the lakes that we swam at as children and also where my cousin Lori grew up, who also traveled with us. I really wanted Carson to see NY. I know he won't remember it now, but this won't be our last trip there. I want him to see that there is so much more than South Florida. Everything is so peaceful and beautiful in NY. I just love it there. While we were there, my cousin Lori and I went for a quick, COLD, swim in the lake. Take it to the Edge!
(At Glass Lake)
We also spent some time with Poppi, Carson's Great Poppi.
On Sunday, my mom, Lori, Geoffrey, Joey and I did the Aerial Adventure at Jiminy Peak. Whew!! Now that was nerve wracking, but we did it!!!
And for the big news, which we all said was going to happen....Carson took his first official steps on his own. There he was holding on to the couch, when within a blink of an eye, he let go and walked to my mom. Thank goodness she was paying attention. Of course I couldn't get my camera out at that moment, but we tried our hardest to see if he would do it again. In this photo, although I was egging him on to "come here" he let go and came to momma.We had such a wonderful vacation. It was over so fast, as my title says.. Time FLIES when your having fun. Such nice visits with Carin, Emma, Claire, Aunt Marion, Uncle Bobbie, David..Then Geoff's, Uncle Rich and Aunt Candie. And wonderful traveling partners, Mommy, Lori and Joey. Wonderful Memories.. Can't wait to do it again.
You can enjoy many more photos in my New York 2010 album on the right side of the blog. Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment