I remember being at a playdate at the McCormick house and there was a friend there and her son was 15 months old. I said to myself, wow, I can't wait until Carson is 15 months old. That moment, seems like yesterday. Carson was about 10 months old then. Blink of an eye.
Height: 32 inch
Weight: 23lbs 7 oz
Food: He eats whatever we eat.
Favorites: FRUIT and VEGGIES <=Yes, as weird as that may seem, when all else fails he will take fruit and veggies over anything. Loves Bananas, Kiwi, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, peaches, pears. Aunt Patty's Strawberry Jam on toast. <=Loves! Loves Guacamole from La Bamba. Loves beans. LOVES tomatoes. Dislikes: broccoli, I wouldn't say he hates it, but he isn't crazy about it.
Some new things we have tried are peanut butter and chips and salsa. The dr gave us the ok on peanut butter since Carson didn't have any reactions when we gave it to him. He said that peanut butter is actually a great source of goodies for Carson.
He loves Chips and Salsa. When we go to La Bamba we can now give him his little dipping dish of salsa and he dips the chip in there with perfect form!
I recently gave him his own piece of pizza to see what he would do with it. He ate pretty much the entire piece and took all of his own bites without me cutting pieces.
He is doing so much better with silverware. One night for dinner I gave him a bowl of cheerios and milk. He dipped his spoon in and went to town. Same thing with vanilla ice cream. I can't wait to take him to Jaxson's for an ice cream date.
Carson received a bike seat from Grandpa for Christmas. He seems to like it once he is in the seat but he isn't crazy about getting in the seat and then putting on the helmet. He really only goes on the bike with Geoff, as Geoff has explained he doesn't want me riding the bike with Carson. That's ok, I know he's jealous I can go over sweet jumps with my bike! He doesn't want Mama showing Dada up!
Teeth: All four of his first molars have broken through. I think he has a total of 12 teeth now.
He knows where his belly is and especially his eyes. When you ask him where his eyes are, he blinks at you. When you ask him where his belly is, he lifts his shirt.
Words: I don't know if we have any new specific words. Carson has pretty much developed his own language. It's a guessing game as to what he is trying to tell us, but as long as he points, we can pretty much figure it out. I'd love to know what he is trying to tell us. He even furrows his eyebrows and purses his lips during a "story time" to mommy and daddy about his day.
When getting ready to go somewhere, he assists me in getting himself dressed. He knows his feet go in the holes for shorts and the shirt somehow fits on his head. The best is the shoes. He knows the shoes go on the feet. He knows if he has shoes on, it means we are going somewhere.
Last night, I was making dinner and I took his shoes off and he cried and brought them back to me. I put them back on and he went on his merry way throughout the house. It's the little things.
Saying goodbye this month to the nighttime bottle and he is still taking two (2) naps a day, only an hour long.
LOVES BOOKS AND PUZZLES! LOVES! LOVES! LOVES!
Sleep: I don't even really want to brush on this subject. He still wakes up at night, he still comes in our bed, he still needs to be rocked to sleep.. blah blah blah, your kid sleeps through the night. I'm not exhausted from this because now it is just routine. Geoff doesn't mind him in the bed, as long as when Carson doesn't sleep parallel or turn around and you have a foot in your face. So we don't have any arguments about it, just thankful Carson is the only one.
Potty: Not even going to think about potty training, but the funny thing is.. When Carson poops, he now walks away and hides. This from what I hear is a big step in the right direction to one day potty train as he knows he "has to go".
Temper Tantrums: We asked the pediatrician who advised us that this is all normal right now. Carson started slapping us or slapping himself or sitting down on the ground with his face down when he doesn't get his way. We ignore it and wait until he is done or when he slaps us we tell him, not nice and show him "nice".
The road from baby to toddler is very interesting. Exhausting and tiring for all three, but so rewarding. Carson is becoming his own person and we are lucky enough to be with him every step of the way and guide him in the right direction.
Thinking about him, I can't wait to go pick him up and get the hug from him where he squeezes around my neck and then pats my back. Then turns my face towards his so he can give Mama a big kiss. So sweet he is.
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment