Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today

Today.

Today, all I want to do is hold you. All I want to do is walk with you, hand in hand.  Today, all I want to do is listen to you talk, hold a conversation with you, ask you questions and listen to your responses. 

Today, all I want to do is watch you play with your trucks and your cars.  It is your favorite thing to do.  I want to make you lunch, sit with you while you eat.  On Sunday, you asked me to sit next to you while you ate your peanut butter and jelly.  You even pulled the chair next to you and told me to sit closer.  You melt my heart.

Today, I want to take you to the park. I want to watch you smile and laugh when you go down the slide and laugh when I pretend that you knock me over on the swing.

Today, I want to watch you fly by me on your scooter as you tell me to watch you go "superfast".

Today, I don't want to be a working mom. I want to be your full time mom. One work day and 2 weekend days just aren't enough. I wish there was more time, to watch you, be you. To listen and enjoy your sweet toddler moments. 

Today, all I want to do is be with you.  Your my angel.

0 comments: