With Carson starting Kindergarten this year, I have so many thoughts
going through my head. First, how in the world did we get here? I mean
seriously, wasn’t he just born? Didn’t we just start preschool?
He’s smart, I know he’s smart. Sometimes he is too smart for his own
good. He writes well, he reads well, he
does math in his head. He observes
everyone, makes conscious decisions. He has
fear, thankfully. He is very
sensitive.
Because of all this, I am terrified of what school will
bring. I want to hold his hand all
day. If someone makes him cry, I want to
comfort him. If his feelings are hurt, I
want to tell him it is going to be ok.
What if he is left out? What if he is bullied? What if he is the bully?
Will he always be as open with Geoff and I as he is now? He tells us everything.
The first day of school went better than expected. I didn't have time to cry and neither did Carson. His teacher is wonderful and we have been very, very happy with her.
So far, he has not done the car loop in the morning. Our routine, we drive to school and I walk with him to the gate , we say our goodbyes and he is on his way. Afternoon, he loves to be a "walker", so I walk and pick him up at school.
We already had his first conference and right now, he is in the top group of his class in math, reading and writing. We are so happy to hear that. I attribute this to Parkway and all of the wonderful work they did there. Carson was already beginning his reading journey in preschool.
Here is to a wonderful year, his first year in big boy school.
The first day of school went better than expected. I didn't have time to cry and neither did Carson. His teacher is wonderful and we have been very, very happy with her.
So far, he has not done the car loop in the morning. Our routine, we drive to school and I walk with him to the gate , we say our goodbyes and he is on his way. Afternoon, he loves to be a "walker", so I walk and pick him up at school.
We already had his first conference and right now, he is in the top group of his class in math, reading and writing. We are so happy to hear that. I attribute this to Parkway and all of the wonderful work they did there. Carson was already beginning his reading journey in preschool.
Here is to a wonderful year, his first year in big boy school.

0 comments:
Post a Comment