So today was a wonderful day. Besides the fact that I did not have to work today, I treated myself to a prenatal massage at Contour Day Spa. It was wonderful and relaxing and I can't wait to go back. Then to my surprise, my mom called and treated me to a paraffin pedicure. To make it even better than that, she took me shopping. This was a day every pregnant woman needs!!
We bought my first round of maternity clothes today. We went to Motherhood Maternity at the mall. My first instinct was to walk out as soon as we walked in. I was looking at all the clothes like a spoiled brat, picking the shirts up by the corners and holding the pants with the "extra" waistband like they were made for an alien. I'm sorry to anyone who observed this. But my mom picked some tops and bottoms out for me to try, and WA-LA, they were not so bad on and quite comfortable.
Then she had to do it. She had to walk by the maternity bras. Mommy! I hear her while I'm in the dressing room, "Lauren, look at this pretty one with lace." Somehow I felt like I was 14 again in the Macy's dressing room. I tried to tell her, I'm just not ready for that yet, baby steps, I will get there slowly. I ended up with 4 in the fitting room and couldn't figure out what those "clips" were for on the straps. The lady working there heard me and explained they were for easy access for nursing. Does it look like I am nursing anything now? No..What is the purpose. But again, to my surprise, aaahh...So much more comfortable. I drew the line with the maternity panties. We're not going there now, although my experience today tells me that day will soon come.
So the mothers that are reading this, I'm sure you got a kick out of my first maternity shopping experience. It was another wonderful day to include into my pregnancy memories.
Thanks for everything Mommy, your the best!
P.S. Im sure Daddy is going to email me, "too much info Lauren". So, to save you the trouble Daddy, I opened up one of your previous emails that said, "too much info Lauren". :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment