I am so tired. Absolutely exhausted. So when my title says, Is this over yet, I mean it..Seriously, is this over yet? I'm cranky today. Can't sleep, well at least can't stay asleep. Rolling over is a mission and if I don't roll over and switch sides, the leg that I am laying on goes to sleep.
The other night was the first night I slept on the couch since being pregnant. Everyone said the day would come, but I didn't believe it. I tossed and turned and continued to push Geoffrey farther and farther to his edge of the bed. The bed is THIIIIIIS big, why must he sleep in the middle, is he carrying an extra 20lbs...NOOOO.....It was hot then cold, kicked the blankets on, kicked the blankets off. I just couldn't take it anymore. I huffed and puffed and stomped my way with a blanket and 3 pillows in hand to the couch. Turned the air down even farther and made myself comfortable. I fell right asleep, like a baby, and somehow stayed asleep and woke up to Diesel sleeping next to the couch.
Bradley Class
Bradley class last week was good. We didn't watch any videos, darn. But we did learn alot about labor and delivery and how to count contractions. Geoffrey also learned how to count me through a contraction and what to say and what not to say, to stay alive throughout the process. Smart ass Geoffrey is going to need to stay home that day. Responsible Geoffrey will be needed. We learned that when the contractions get strong, they will start to last about 60 seconds, maybe a little bit more or a little bit less, but mainly 60 seconds. He is to count and let me know every 15 seconds and then let me know when we get to 30 seconds. Once we hit 30 seconds, the contraction is suppose to be the worst it is going to be and then release for the last 30 seconds. Rest and on to the next. I really think I can do this, I am becoming more confident as the time gets closer and closer and all my confidence is because of these classes.
The nursery is just about FINISHED!! Thank goodness. All the big furniture is in, it is just a matter of finishing up the walls, the knick knacks and a couple more Geoffrey projects. I put our big fish in the crib to fill it up until Carson gets here. The crib just looked so empty. 
Next week I think I am going to start putting my hospital bag together.
42 days to go!


3 comments:
As much as you don't want to hear it right now, don't rush it! Cherish it! Every waking moment [no pun intended]!=) You will miss these moments like no other. The hardest weeks are to come, so just try and make the best of each day. Even if it does mean chewing Geoff's head off here and there. Hang in there Mommy!
Now you know how I felt towards the end. You will make it, and when it is all over...you will miss it. I know I did. Hang in there babe! XOXO
Your picture makes me laugh. Could it be a little farther away?! lol
Nursery looks great! I can't believe you have less than two months!! Feels like yesterday you just told me you were PG.
Post a Comment