35 weeks, well a couple days passed, but still the same. This passed weekend was labor day weekend and what a nice weekend it was. We headed down to the keys, our happiness. We stayed at Hawks Cay, which I absolutely fell in love with. We stayed in the Sanctuary Villas. Talk about nice!! We had a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath Villa with our very own private pool. It was sooooo gorgeous, I never wanted to leave. Being away was so nice.
I also started packing my hospital bag this week. Should be ready soon!!
Bradley Class
Last week in class, hmmm I am trying to remember. Basically, STAY AT HOME AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!! Once you get to the hospital, the temptation for the epidural is that much higher. The chances of being hooked up to an IV are that much higher and so on. We are not too far from the hospital so staying until the very end shouldn't be an issue. Also learned about inductions and C-sections. I know I don't want to be induced, and we already discussed that with Dr. Goldberg and unless a C-section is absolutely necessary, that's not for me either. We also talked about birth plans and the importance of having one when going to the hospital.
This week in class, we learned about epidurals. I already knew I really didn't want to get one, but now I am more convinced that I really don't want to get one. No. 1, I don't want to ever not be able to feel my legs. No.2, I don't want to be confined to a bed. No. 3, I definately don't want a catheter. It's not so much about the dangers, because really, there is dangers with everything. For me, its the whole birthing experience and I really really want to do this without the drugs and experience what my body was made to do. So I am going to do everything I can do be strong and with my amazing coach, Geoffrey, beside me, I am hoping the "drug free" way, will be the way for me.
Dr. Appt
Today I had my appointment with Dr. Goldberg, which also started my weekly appointments! So from here on out, I will be seeing Dr. Goldberg every week until Carson gets here. I gained 3 lbs, so my total weight gain is now 23lbs. Carson's head is way down. Dr. Goldberg said at this point, if I was to go into labor, it would be fine. Please Carson I hope you were listening.
We talked about my chances of having Dr. Goldberg deliver Carson. I knew the first answer, 1 in 3 (because there are 3 dr's there). But then he gave me my options. 1. I can be induced and plan it for when he is there. He said he would do it at as early as 39 weeks if I wanted to. I told him I didn't want to be induced, so that wasn't an option. 2. If it was during the week, he is usually there, so the chances of having him are higher because he would just go up to L&D. His main office is in the hospital. 3. Was a secret he said he would do for his special patients. He gave us something to give to the nurses should he be needed and he is not at the office and not oncall. I explained to him that I really wanted him to be the one to deliver Carson and he understood my reasons. He was the one who took me in during the 2nd miscarriage when my other doctor said, "oh well." It was too late for that pregnancy, but I was lucky to have him for this one. I've told him before, this pregnancy lasted because of him. He figured out what was wrong and fixed the problem.
10 years ago

2 comments:
We love Dr. G!!!
WOW! He is almost here!! Start lots of walking to get him out on time. Or that massage thingy. ;-)
Post a Comment