Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What an ordeal

39 weeks..7 days to go
Today turned into such an ordeal. From what turned out to me just wanting to change my appointment, we ended up in triage at the hospital.

First things first..I haven't been to work all week because I've been getting contractions. Contractions strong enough, to where there is no way I want to be at work or within the vicinity of anyone or any phones or anything. I can't sit still and I am constantly up and moving. Monday, Geoff went to work and my mom stayed home with me and "babysat". Monday night I had the induction massage. Which was very relaxing and hopefully will do its job soon. If not, at least I had a very relaxing evening.
Tuesday, Geoff went to work. Danielle was coming over to "babysit" and walk, but not until the afternoon. I decided to keep myself busy. I got out the lawn mower and mowed that yard. Well that definitely brought on some pretty strong contractions, but again, they didn't stick around consistently. Danielle came over and we walked pretty much the entire Sawgrass Mall. I would get contractions during the walk, but I kept going, I knew the walking was working. Tuesday night, Geoff and I walked and walked and walked. Poor Turby's tongue was just hanging out of his mouth by the time we got home. Diesel was looking at us like..Hello..home is that way...Again, I continued with contractions, but nothing consistent. Those dogs slept like babies!
The ordeal::Well this morning I woke up, Geoff went to work and I was still getting contractions, but not as strong. I called Dr. Goldberg's office just to reschedule since I wasn't working, I figured I could go in the morning. If I knew then what I know now.. So I called and they said sure you could come in today, but then asked any reason why you want to change..Shut your mouth Lauren!! Well, I said, I've been getting contractions and I haven't been working. That was that. She called back. Ugh. Go straight to triage and have them monitor your contractions. I said well I know they are not consistent, what is there to monitor. That is when the nurse said at 39 weeks if your having contractions, the dr wants them monitored before you come in.
Needless to say, I called Geoff, he came home from work and off we went. I checked in at 2cm and 50% effaced and by then I was getting some heavy contractions, probably 1 good strong one every 15 minutes. Enough that 2 of them brought tears to my eyes. Geoff and I noticed that the contractions were stronger when I layed down instead of sitting up. Weird. We asked the nurse and she said sometimes that happens. She came back an hour later and I was up to 2.5 cm and 70% effaced. Things moved along, but not enough..WHICH I ALREADY KNEW. My aggravation level was rising because at this point I wanted to go home and this was taking forever. She had us get an ultrasound, everything was fine, and then they finally sent us on our merry way. At least now we know the protocol of what to do at the hospital.
After all that, I still have the same dr appt Friday at 400pm. So of course, I am going to call tomorrow and try and change it, but now I know what to say and what not to say.
Best wishes for our friends Justin and Lindsey. Lindsey is being induced tonight and should have baby Trace with her by tomorrow!!!
For now, we just wait and see how things go..But if I have somewhere to go or somewhere to be..I'll be waaaaalkin (Forrest Gump) hehe...

0 comments: