38 1/2 weeks.. 11 days to go..
11 days to go or possibly sooner?? Today was my 38 week visit with Dr Goldberg. I gained 2lbs since the last visit, but since I lost a lb last week, I guess I really only gained 1lb. So my total weight gain is 25lbs. And for the big news... I am 2cm dilated..I know that can go on for awhile, but...we'll see about that. My contractions and lower back aches have really started to intensify as this past week went on. I knew something was going on, I just needed to hear it from the doctor. At least now I know, I'm not crazy. All these aches, pains and pulling feelings have been going on because I'm dilating and Carson is getting ready for his big arrival.
On Monday night, I am going to see Dawn. 2 girlfriends and a friend of one of them have gone to her at the very end of their pregnancies when they were already dilated. She does what is called an induction massage. Basically, a really good massage, but hits all the pressure points which can send you into labor, naturally. All 3 women went into labor within 2 days. I talked to Dr. Goldberg about this, and he was ok with it, he actually knows her. We planned it out, so I have the massage on Monday and he is working at Mem West on Wed and Thurs, so if I go into labor then, he will be there already. So fingers crossed and we will see how it goes. This may be my last blog entry as Lauren and the next one will be as a Mommy..
My nerves have been starting to get the best of me. I am so excited to meet our little man, but I am getting nervous about everything that comes along with it. Are his cries because he is hungry or is he cranky, maybe its neither and he's crying because he can. Then what? Or what if he is sick. Is he getting enough food? Maybe these are questions all first time parents have and the only real answer is, trial and error. You figure things out along the way. What works for one baby, may not work for Carson. Then there are the exciting things I think about and chat with my girlfriends about..like how I can't wait to play with is fingers and toes, stare into his eyes, change him in his gazillion outfits he got from so many people who already love him so much. I'm exciting to put him in his stroller and walk around the block, I can't wait for the dogs to meet him. I am so curious to see their reaction.
This was also our last week of Bradley classes. It is so hard to believe how fast 7 weeks went by. But after 7 weeks, Geoff and I are ready to go. I am confident about the labor, I am confident that I can do it without the drugs and best of all..I have Geoff by my side to remind me, that together, we can get through this. There is no room for negativity when that day comes, it will be left at the door.
It really is just amazing how fast this has all really gone by.
Carson's room is finally completely finished. All his fishies are up, clothes washed, sheets washed and folded, blankets in their spot and diapers stacked away. Below are a couple pictures of the nursery.
Carson's room
*********************************************
As you can see, our bags are packed and we're ready to go.
************************************************
Carson's library. Thank you to all our loving and caring family and friends for helping us to build his library. Each book is from someone different and was chosen with love. It is a gift that we will always cherish.

2 comments:
His room looks GREAT!! So next week, huh?! Didn't you just tell me you were PG?? Ahhhhhh!! Can't wait to see him! :*)
yay!!! such a cute room! and we have the same green toy hangy thing!!!!
Post a Comment