Sunday, March 21, 2010

5 Months Old


New album: Carson 5 months and new photos in Amazing Newborn.


So I am finally getting around to Carson's 5 month blog post. We have been so busy lately and I just haven't gotten a chance to get on here.

Weight: 16lbs 12 oz - 61st percentile
Height: 27 inch long - 90th percentile
Sleeps from 8/830 until about 700. I love it!

Foods: We've had them all.. Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, green beans, carrots, bananas, pears, peaches.
Not a fan of green beans, but does very well with everything else. He is such a good eater.

From 4-5 months, we celebrated Mommy's 29th birthday, Daddy's 30th Birthday and Valentines Day.

Carson did very well at his 5 Month check up. Dr. Morrison even gave him the "advanced stamp". Carson was sitting up on the table for the dr to check his ears, eyes and mouth. He said most 5 month olds aren't sitting up on their own as well as he is. Also, he was impressed that Carson has mastered rolling over in both directions. He said we may want to consider lowering the crib mattress soon. I told him the other day, Carson was sitting in the pack n play while I was getting ready and he was sitting up and he grabbed the side and pulled himself over. I told him how our house isn't baby proofed yet and he said that is definately something we may want to start doing, as Carson may be mobile very soon.

He got his polio vaccine at his 03/09 appointment. He did very well, gave a little whine and that was all. Thank goodness because last time was torture for Carson , Geoff and I.

Teeth: He didn't see anything, just the two little white bulbs on his gums. Said he doesn't expect teeth right now, but maybe by 6 months. Once he gets his first tooth, we are to start using flouride water when making his bottles, i.e., Nursery water or we can use tap water.

I told him that we switched over to Costco brand formula and he said that is perfectly fine, its all the same.

On to the next month..Can't believe he is going to be 6 months old.. Crazy how time flies..

1 comments:

MD said...

He is definetly advanced sitting up like a big boy at 5 months! He should also get the stamp of most handsome 5 month old around!