Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday Geoffrey


YOU CAN CHECK OUT GEOFFREY'S BIRTHDAY/DISNEY IN CARSON'S PHOTO ALBUMS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE..


This weekend we went to Orlando to celebrate Geoffrey's 30th Birthday. We had a great group of friends with us and family also. My mother, both of my brothers, Joey and Brad and our 12 year old cousin, Dylan joined us.

Our thoughts and prayers were with our very dear friend, Zack, this weekend, who had to say goodbye to his mom, too soon. xoxo

What an experience packing. We've taken trips here and there, but 90% of the time, its just Geoffrey and I in the truck and Carson. We had my mom and Dylan this time. I had to borrow my friend's luggage container for the top of my truck. The family truck. Of course, I took a photo..Check it out in the album. Couldn't pass that up.

Friday night, I would have liked to have said we were well rested and ready for Saturday at Epcot, but that would be lying. I didn't get to bed until 3, Geoffrey and some of the guys crawled in after 4 and everyone else scattered to their rooms before that.

Saturday we were up, injected with coffee and we headed out in the freezing drizzle. Not only was it about 40 degrees, there was also a light drizzle of rain. Carson was the best out of all of us. In his stroller with the rain cover and blankets..He was good to go. My mom bought me a sweater when we got to Epcot, because it was just plain freezing. England was our first country and when we were done there, the rain stopped and it was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful...

We drank in every country and got back to the room around 900/930.

Next day, M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!! Lesson learned..No more Magic Kingdom on the weekend. No, No, No...Had a great time. I took Carson on It's a Small World, and he fell asleep. But then, Geoffrey and I split off, and I took Carson on the Magic Carpet Ride. Loved it!! It's similiar to Dumbo, just with magic carpets. I could look and see the smile on his face when the wind hit him. His little hairs on his head were flying as we went up and down. Such a trooper!!

Carson got his first pair of Mickey Ears. Personalized and all!!



Finally left Disney around 6. Normally we would have been home around 845/900. No. Carson had a different plan for us.

He didn't nap well like he did in Epcot. There was so much going on in Magic Kingdom. He screamed in the car and screamed and screamed and SCREAMED. Dylan was trying to calm him down, my mom..No go. We had to pull over, twice, so I could hold him and calm him down. All in all, we made it home.

Thanks to everyone that came from near and far (Ungerleiders) to celebrate Geoffrey's 30th Birthday!!! Can't wait to do it again.. Next time Zack will be joining us... ;)

3 comments:

jen said...

hes so cute, love the ears! i cant wait till we take our 2 together!! glad you had a great time and aren't the fish n chips great there?!?!!! :)

Caroline said...

Brought a tremendous smile to my face to see Carson with his mouse ears on. So cute and sweet! He's just simply adorable...want to reach into the picture and cuddle him. Floods me with memories of my four at Disney! Happy Birthday Geoff! Love to you all. <3

The Proud Parents of Two said...

I love the mouse ears! Glad the weather cleared up so that you could enjoy your trip! How come everyone else is getting so old and I'm staying the same??? ;)