Thursday, April 2, 2009

One small step for mankind, One Huge Step for the Ellison's - compliments of Jodi :)

Well Well Well. I made it!! 12 weeks flew by like nothing. Actually, I'm lying. It was excruciating. I couldn't wait to make it to 12 weeks so I could finally get some sort of relief.

Geoff and I went to the dr yesterday. The dr used the fetal heart monitor and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was very quiet in the room while the dr was looking for the heartbeat on my belly. Then, all of a sudden, there it was. All you heard was this loud, fast, amazing little heartbeat. I didn't cry even though I thought I would, but it was an amazing moment and a huge step forward. The dr said now that I have made it this far, I can finally start to let my guard down. I don't know how much I will, but I definitely feel better today than I did 2 days ago.

While I was there, I also did the 3 hour glucose test, which was HORRIBLE!! I can't even write about it. Ugh. Thank goodness that is over. I hopefully will get my results today or tomorrow.

Tomorrow I go to the perinatologist to do the 12 week sono and of course, more blood work!!

I will keep you updated!! Oh and how could I have forgotten. I haven't even gained a pound!!! My pants are definitely tighter, but the numbers haven't changed. I love it!! Let's see how long I can keep it that way... :) Some how I think the odds are against me ;0.

0 comments: